The Nuroad range is unbeatable value for money! Fast, light, capable bikes with a spec for money that can’t be touched by any other brand!
When we set out to develop the Nuroad we had a destination in mind, but no specific route by which to get there. We did, however, have a lot of experience building great race and ‘cross bikes. Figuring that this would be a great place to start, we combined the best of both genres to create our new, super-adaptable all-rounder. So, for example, the Nuroad’s geometry is based on the comfort, stability and agility of our Attain series, but the sizing is the same as our Cross Race bikes. We made sure there’s plenty of clearance to run wide, grippy and comfortable tyres up to 40mm width, and even left room for mudguards with 35mm tyres too. Internal cable routing keeps your gears shifting cleanly even when the mud and water’s flying around, there’s a replaceable gear hanger and the carbon fork blades help take some of the vibration out of rough surfaces, so that you stay comfortable even on long rides.
In the early days of Alpine road racing the roads were often little more than dirt tracks – which means that the Tour de France riders of nearly a century ago would probably have given up a limb for one of our Nuroad SLs. With the pace and comfort of our Attain road race series and the handling and ruggedness of one of our Cross Race bikes, its DNA is pure racing tradition. Featuring Shimano’s new 1×11 GRX transmission with a wide-ranging 11-42 tooth cassette, our product engineers have selected a range of components that are designed for one purpose: to boost your speed. From the 40mm Kevlar tyres – wide, grippy, comfortable and light – to the hydraulic disc brakes and Mavic Allroad Disc wheelset, this is an uncompromisingly rapid gravel machine. The frame features all the benefits of our Nuroad series, including neat internal cable routing and a geometry that makes handling the variable grip of unsurfaced roads easier. We even fitted a full carbon fork, which saves weight and adds to ride comfort. Wherever you’re heading this weekend, however remote or rough the road surface, the Nuroad SL has got your back. Where will it take you next?
- Frame material: Aluminium 6061 T6 Superlite
- Gear shifting system: SRAM Red eTap AXS 12-speed
- Rear derailleur: Shimano GRX RD-RX812, Direct Mount, 11-Speed
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG601-11
- Crankset: Shimano GRX FC-RX600, 40T, 170mm (50/53cm), 172.5mm (56/58cm), 175mm (61cm)
- Crankset chainring sizes: 40T
- Cassette: Shimano CS-M7000, 11-42T
- Number of gears: 11
- Brakes: Shimano GRX BR-RX810, Hydr. Disc Brake, Flat Mount (160/160)
- Fork: CUBE Nuroad Dis C:62 Technology, Carbon Blades, 1 1/8″ – 1 1/2″ Tapered, Flat Mount, 12x100mm
- Headset: FSA Orbit Z-t ECO, Top Zero-Stack 1 1/8″ (OD 44mm), Bottom Integrated 1 1/2″
- Stem: Newmen Evolution 318.4, 31.8mm
- Handlebar: CUBE Gravel Race Bar
- Handlebar tape: CUBE Grip Control
- Wheelset: Mavic Allroad Disc
- Front tire: Schwalbe G-One Allround, Kevlar, 40-622
- Rear tire: Schwalbe G-One Allround, Kevlar, 40-622
- Saddle: Natural Fit Nuance Lite
- Seat post: Newmen Evolution, 27.2mm
- Seat clamp: CUBE Screwlock, 31.8mm