The 3rd ‘Woods Grand Rando’ is taking place at some point in July (Dates TBC) in the gravel haven that is The New Forest
Unlike previous years the event is starting and finishing at our campsite in Burley village, logistically this makes it much easier for people to bring their camper van (not included in weekend ticket), big tent, family, etc. (evening tickets also available for £15)
Cup of Free Bad Hand Coffee, before setting off on a beautiful 80, 50 or 25 mile route on pristine gravel with a refuel stop at our shop ‘The Woods Cyclery’ in Lyndhurst.
We like to think of the Grand Rando as a mini bike festival, so on site we will have:
- Beer from the guys at ‘The Way Out Back Brewery’
- Incredible food on arrival back at camp from ‘Phat Guys’
- Late evening food and cocktails from ‘Velo Domestique cycle cafe’
- Demo bikes from Salsa Bikes, Brother Cycles, Open cycles, Bombtrack Bicycle Co, Surly and Rondo.
- Live music.
- Camp fire’s
- Morning Yoga class from ‘Laura Spinney’
- Breakfast from Bakehouse 24.
There will be on-site mechanics for any niggles, or breakdowns that need sorting.
WHAT YOUR FULL WEEKEND TICKET INCLUDES:
Beautiful 80 50 and 25 mile routes mapped by our local ‘gravelists’
Bad Hand Brew Coffee on arrival at the start.
Grand Rando Goodies on arrival
Your Camping Pitch, (camper vans are £20 extra, ticket to be released at a later date)
Access to demo bikes at the campsite from OPEN, Salsa, Bombtrack, Brother, Surly and Rondo. (Plus more TBC)
Access to our pop-up shop, stocking specialist bike-packing gear, clothing etc
Live music warbling late into the eve…
Drinking Water will be available on site too to refill your bottles constantly
WHAT do you need?
- A bike capable of riding gravel.
- A tent, or camper van unless you like sleeping under the stars
- A sleeping bag, sleeping mat, pillow etc
- Snacks and water for the ride.
- Plenty of cash! (Lotsa goodies available) Not all vendors have card machines…
- Bike locks!
- A helmet…
Please be aware, no showers on site, but access to public toilets just 100 yards away in the council car park..