You can guarantee that Ritchey will always come out with a model that is super refined, no gimmicks, pure ride quality and precision. The new Ascent is a development of the original, now with max 29×2.6 tyre clearance, which is the perfect balance for rough stuff and speed.
We see this bike being an insanely fun and fast cross country mountain bike, as much as a comfortable capable Bikepacking rig. Build it with flat bars or drops.
We warmly welcome the legendary Ascent back into the Ritchey line-up. Inspired by the experiences of life, the new Ritchey Ascent invites you to chase your own life experiences out on those unexplored passes, winding roads and endless trails. The adventurous soul of the of the original Ascent remains, while expanding its adaptability with modern features and much-requested details.
Tom Ritchey loves experiencing all sorts of bicycle adventures – especially dirt – seeking out winding dirt roads, cruising along gravel lanes, and ripping flowy singletrack. He designed this latest version of the Ascent to be a do-it-all adventure bike so that others can share the same thrills of adventure while also enjoying the renowned Ritchey ride experience.
The new Ascent is more adaptable than ever. The frame is tig-welded with heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing that features rack and fender mounts and a multi-purpose mount under the downtube, while a new Ritchey steel fork offers up multi-purpose, rack, fender and dynamo light mounts. Other notable features of the new Ritchey Ascent include post-mount brake compatibility, 148mm spacing and an external seat collar.
Throw a mountain bike bar on it and some 27.5″ wheels for more trail-oriented adventures. Or ride it with drop bars and 29″ wheels for some longer distance rough road riding. However you choose to roll, your riding possibilities are limitless atop the new Ritchey Ascent.
- Material: heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing – TIG welded
- Rack and fender mounts
- Ultra-light forged and machined straight 1-1/8″ headtube
- WCS headset included (upper IS42/28.6 – 16mm stack height | lower IS42/30)
- BOOST 148mm spacing (12mm alloy thru-axle included)
- Replaceable stainless-steel derailleur hanger
- 27.2mm seat tube with replaceable seat collar (max torque setting: 6Nm)
- Front derailleur clamp size: 28.6mm (max torque setting: 2.5Nm) – not included
- Bottom bracket: 73mm – English threaded
- Can accommodate 1X or 2X chainrings (Side Swing front derailleur required for double)
- Crankset min/max ring size – single: 38t / double: 36/24t
- External cable routing (continuous housing)
- Bottle mounts: 2
- Multi-purpose mount underside of downtube
- Ritchey steel fork with multi-purpose, rack, fender and threaded crown port
- 1-1/8″ straight steerer
- BOOST 110mm spacing (15mm alloy thru-axle included)
- Steerer length: 300mm
- Axle-crown: 435mm
- Rake/Offset: 52mm
- Fork max payload: 3kg per side
- Wheel and tire compatibility: 27.5″ x 2.6″ or 29″ x 2.6″ (depending on tire/rim manufacturer)
- Frame max spacing: 78mm
- Fork max spacing: 78mm
- Post-mount brakes: 180mm max front rotor / 160mm max rear rotor
- Sizes: S / M / L / XL
- Frame weight: 2400g (size L – w/o thru-axle)
- Fork weight: 1125g (with uncut steerer / not including axle)
- Color: Sierra Red