This steel frame and fork is built to tour, made to pack up everything you need for a week of exploring forests and also shredding down single track. A real take anywhere bike frame with a classic look with modern geometry and wide tyre clearance it can be specced to fit any style of riding.
The All New Polyvalent is Velo Orange’s “do-it-all” frameset. It is the ideal platform to build a sturdy tourer, practical commuter, comfortable all-day randonneur, or a rugged gravel bike.
They’ll have the same specifications and sizing as the Low Kickers (spec. below), but with a horizontal top tube (with a couple degrees of slope).
Tire clearance is generous. With fenders: 650b x 48 or 26 x 2.3” (smooth). Forgoing fenders, the Polyvalent can gobble up 650b x 2.1” or 26×2.3 (knobby).
There are star reinforcements on nearly every braze-on on the frame and fork. The rear brake routing is internal and features super easy installation via a brazed in tube – no more fishing for the housing. The paint is a brilliant Metallic Sage.
The rear end of the bike features dedicated rack and fender mounts.
The fork has an elegant French-style bend that features braze-ons for a multitude of mounting options including: Rando-style front racks, side-mounted cargo cages, and low-rider pannier racks.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a Velo Orange frame without proper fender mounts that face the tire to create a perfect fender installation every time.
- Frameset material: 4130 double butted chromoly steel
- Fork: 1 1/8″ threadless, 4130 chromoly steel with elegant bend
- Wheel Size: 650B or 26″
- Tire Clearance: 650B x 48mm, 26 x 2.3″ (either with fenders) / 650b x 2.1 or 26 x 2.3 knobby
- Rear Spacing: 12 x 142mm, thru-axle with replaceable hanger (included)
- Fork Spacing: 12 x 100mm, thru-axle (included)
- BB: English threaded 68mm
- Brakes: IS mount disc, 160mm or 180mm rotors suggested
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur Size: 28.6mm
- Water bottle mounts: Triple on top of downtube, one set on underside of downtube
- Fender bosses: seat stay bridge, chainstay bridge, under fork crown
- Frame Eyelets: Double eyelets on rear dropouts for racks and fenders. Internal eyelets on seat stays
- Fork Eyelets: Double eyelets on fork dropouts for racks and fenders. Triple thru-bosses on the blades for lowrider racks. Hourglass braze-on for Randonneur or Campeur Racks.
- Rear Brake Routing: Easy internal routing for rear brake cable housing/hydraulic tubing
- Paint: Metallic Sage