As you would expect from Surly, they’ve aimed to make a drop bar mountain bike that sets itself apart from the competition, the short rear end, long front centre and slack head angle make it a trail shredder, and super fun.
The Ghost Grappler isn’t just for single track slaying though, it’ll tour loaded as good as any, and will provide a really comfortable ride.
A Trail Bike Tailored for Drop Bars
Off-road enthusiasts have been Frankensteining drop bars onto trail bikes for decades, so Surly designed the Ghost Grappler to scratch that itch with a little more precision. Engineered first and foremost around a stable and comfortable drop-bar hand position, its trail-ready geo provides a spirited ride on mixed terrain.
Cleared for girthy tyres and decorated with an array of mounts for hauling your daily provisions and overnight gear, the Ghost Grappler is ready to take you and your paraphernalia down that overgrown fire road for an extrasensory experience. There’s nothing to be afraid of. Probably.
- Featuring Surly’s versatile Gnot-Boost spacing, allowing riders to run 142mm or Boost 148mm rear hubs; thru-axles; stealth dropper post routing; non-suspension corrected
- Custom dropouts ready to run single-speed or internally geared hub setups
- Seatstay-mounted bottle bosses, plus three-pack mounts at the top and bottom of the down tube
- Clearance for 27.5 x 2.8″ or 29 x 2.1″ tyres (with or without mudguards)
- Frame100% Chromoly Steel frame
- Fork100% Chromoly Steel fork
- HeadsetCane Creek 40
- HandlebarSalsa Cowchipper 31.8
- Bar TapeCork Black
- SaddleWTB Volt 142
- SeatpostTransX YSP15, 30.9, 100mm travel
- Front Derailleur
- Rear DerailleurMicroshift M6205
- Gear LeversMicroshift SB-M100
- CranksetSamox 2PCS Boost 32t
- CassetteMicroshift 11-48t
- Bottom BracketSamox BSA 24
- Brake LeversAdventX Dual Control Levers
- BrakesTektro Mira MD-C400
- RimsWTB ST i40 TCS
- HubsNovatec 32h Boost
- TyresTeravail Ehline, 27.5 x 2.5″
- ColourSage Green