The Woods Cyclery – Terms & Conditions
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna can be found here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.
ONLINE ORDERS AND SHIPPING
- We offer a 14 day returns policy. This period starts upon your receipt of the goods. The item has to be returned unused, with sale tags and product package as new. The consumer must cover the return shipping cost, unless your product did not meet the description given or is found to be faulty (customer must pay and arrange postage and it may be refunded upon inspection if found to be faulty) . We cannot be held liable If the product is lost in transit upon return.
- We offer free 48 hour shipping on bikes and frames sold within the UK.
- We offer free shipping on any products sold over the value of £20 purchased online, and these are sent by Royal Mail 2nd class post, or Hermes.
- If you would like a product sent 1st class recorded or Hermes next day then please contact the shop via [email protected] upon purchase.
- We will ship outside of the UK upon request. Just email us and ask for a quote. We will use trusted couriers for this, with insurance cover to the full value of the items.
Conditions of Hire
- A deposit must be left without exception. Deposits include; Valid form of I.D, Bank Card when Chip and pin is used upon payment (contactless not accepted).
- 2 items of ID required per party.
- The hirer is responsible for any loss or damage to the bikes, locks are provided with every hire.
- Cycle helmets are provided free of charge and heavily recommended.
- Children under 16 must be booked out and accompanied by an adult.
- E-Bikes cannot be used by any person under the age of 16.
- Hirers must be able to safely ride a bike.
COVID-19 SUPPLY ISSUES
During the Covid-19 pandemic which is still ongoing, we are experiencing long delays from nearly all of our brands. These delays are also relayed to us at very late notice, often when we have chased a late order ourselves. In some cases however, we are told about a longer due date, and then the product arrives with us the following week. We are also seeing some of our pre orders reduced without being given any warning. Therefore we are unable to give perfectly accurate lead times and we appreciate your patience on this. We are shoppers just like you, and no matter whether we pay early for the items, or hold a good account, the issue is the parts from source (mainly Asia).
Here is a key snippet from one of our key mainstream suppliers sent to us via email:
” With regret, we need to inform our retail partners and consumers of shipment delays. We’re in the unfortunate position to advise that due to these delays, a number of bikes will not arrive in time for Christmas. These unprecedented circumstances are a result of delays in bicycle parts, which has resulted in production timescales being pushed back longer than anticipated. This has been further compounded by congestion at critical ports in Asia, disrupting shipping times, as well as delays and bottlenecks at UK ports.”
A lot of our smaller suppliers are also experiencing the same issues, if not worse because all of the big boys have more clout when it comes to group set purchasing etc.
- If you have ordered a product online and it is out of stock we will refund you immediately via the form of payment you paid through. However, you will be offered an alternative product or given a re stock lead time (these are as accurate as can be expected)
- If you have ordered a product in store, via email or over the phone and it Is not a product that we keep in stock this is called a ‘custom order’. If you change your mind or wish to cancel this order, we will only issue a full refund if we can also cancel this order from the supplier as it wasn’t something we would carry in our stock. In the case that we cannot cancel the order, you will be issued a refund minus the fees for sending a product back to a distributor (usually a 10% re stock fee) and minus the postage fee.
- If you have ordered a product but the lead time keeps pushing back due to Covid-19 we urge you to be patient. However if you find the product elsewhere will will refund you in full providing it wasn’t a ‘custom order’.
- If you have a faulty product or have ordered the incorrect item, we will refund the product after warranty has been fulfilled, or once the product is returned to us by the customer. We will not cover shipping costs for incorrect orders or warranty.